Emergency Medical Services Programs and Examinations
- Paramedic Education Program
- Fall Paramedic Program—Fire (ABC) Schedule
- Paramedic Education Program Technical Standards
- Spring Paramedic Academy
- Paramedic NREMT Practical Examination
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Education Program
- Basic Level NREMT Practical Examination
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Refresher
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) Education Program
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Course
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Instructor Workshop/Update
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Practical Exam Evaluator Workshop
- Emergency Medical Services Instructor (EMS-I) Course
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Academy
American Heart Association Courses
- Basic Life Support (BLS) (CPR)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Full Provider
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Renewal
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Instructor
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Full Provider
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Renewal
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Instructor
Emergency Nurses Association Courses
Program and Course Policies
To cancel for a course, please send an email to [email protected] with your name, course title, and date notifying us of cancellation. You will receive confirmation of cancellation within two business days and information in regards to any possible refund based on the cancellation policy of the course.
The EMSLRC may apply a minimum fee of $20 per rescheduled registration or cancellation of a registration at their discretion.
Courses which use a session or tiered event system allow for registrants to modify their sessions within the same event instead of reregistering to another event and are not charged for this modification. For UI Hospitals & Clinics employees, registration to another event will be complimentary; for outside registrants there will be a $20 fee.
Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) and courses with their own cancellation fees are not subject to this policy and may accrue an increased cancellation fee at the discretion of the EMSLRC.
The University of Iowa prohibits discrimination in employment, educational programs, and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. For additional information contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, 1-319-335-0705.
Courses for Individuals with Disabilities
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact the EMSLRC in advance at 1-319-356-2597.