Orthopedics focuses on injuries and diseases of the bones, joints, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. We treat every orthopedic condition.
You will be cared for by some of the country’s most renowned specialists. Each has advanced training in an orthopedic specialty.
- Comprehensive care teams that include orthopedic physicians, physical therapists, rehabilitation specialists, and other advanced care providers
- An experienced staff that performs more than 7,000 operations every year
- The area’s only Level 1 trauma center
- Expertise in knee and hip replacement and spine surgery that has earned us Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Distinction® Center+ designation
Why Choose Us?
For more than 100 years, the University of Iowa Health Care Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation has provided the most advanced care by attracting leaders in the field who use the most up-to-date techniques.
Our experts provide the most complete orthopedic health services in the state of Iowa. That’s why physicians across the Midwest refer their patients to us.
In addition to healing injuries and diseases, our physicians work to prevent them through ongoing research and community education. Over the years, our contributions have included:
- Groundbreaking multidisciplinary research into the prevention of osteoarthritis following joint injuries
- Sports-injury protocols to identify and treat concussion and knee and ankle injuries promptly to foster healing and a quicker return to competition
And we’re building on that legacy of innovation every day. Through practice, research, and education, we are committed to reducing pain and improving lives.