UI Health Plans offers health care plans designed to meet the needs of eligible UI faculty, professional and scientific, and supervisory merit-exempt staff, and UI undergraduate and graduate student enrollees.
The UI Health Plans staff is available to help you with your questions and concerns regarding our insurance programs: UIChoice, UIGRADCare, and SHIP. In addition, the staff can help you with claim questions and act as a liaison between you, your providers, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
Dedicated UI Health Plans staff provides support services including:
- Case management for chronic or complex health conditions
- Facilitate access to disease management services at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- Advocate for special health care needs and support for benefit coverage of those needs
- Guidance to appropriate network providers
- Resolving health plan claim problems
- Addressing health plan benefit questions
Whether you have questions during enrollment time or when you need to use your health insurance benefits, the UI Health Plans staff is available to assist you with your needs.
The UI Health Plans telephone number is 319-356-8442 or 800-356-8442. After business hours, your call is directed to the UI Health Plans office voice mail, where a representative will return your call the next business day or if you have medical questions or support is needed immediately, your call will be directed to the UI Health Access. UI Health Access offers telephone triage and access to nurses with special training, who can provide health advice over the telephone.