In addition, hospital staff representatives from administration, Children's and Women's Services (Nursing), Child Life, the Stead Family Department of Pediatrics, and others actively participate.
Since 1998, the Family Advisory Council has made a difference in the lives of children and families through their ongoing advocacy for patient and family-centered pediatric health care.
The Family Advisory Council seeks to enhance the delivery of health care at UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital by providing a mechanism for families to work in partnership with hospital staff in developing and refining policies, practices, specialized services and facilities.
- Serve as communication channel between families and hospital staff
- Assist in evaluating and providing input on the delivery of services for children and families
- Review issues referred to the Council and provide recommendations
- Participate in work groups of special interest to enhance care and services at UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital
- Provide a link between the hospital and the community at large
- Participate in education of health care professionals and other hospital personnel by offering a family's perspective
Family Advisory Council Members
Family Advisory Council consists of parents and adult family members whose children are current pediatric patients at University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital. Members from across Iowa and Illinois meet regularly to identify priorities and improve patient- and family-centered practices.
Council also includes hospital staff representatives from administration, Children and Women's Services, Child Life, the Stead Family Department of Pediatrics, and others.