To schedule a delivery to the milk bank in Coralville, call 1-319-384-9930 . If you are delivering to a milk depot, call that respective location about your delivery.
Area milk collection depots facilitate milk donations and are essential to the growth and operation of the Mother’s Milk Bank of Iowa. These depots are agencies affiliated with the milk bank that collect and store milk in freezers we provide.
We have milk collection depots across Iowa and in Minnesota, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wisconsin, so chances are there's a place to delivery your donated milk near you.
Donors are given information about their area depot and once the screening is finished, they deliver their milk to them. Milk from the depots is either transported by milk bank drivers or it is shipped to the Mother’s Milk Bank of Iowa.
Milk delivery instructions
Call 1-319-384-9930 to schedule a delivery to our Iowa City location. If you are delivering to a different milk depot, call that respective location about your delivery.
All milk bags/containers must be placed in plastic sacks with handles for delivery. Write your donor number on the outside of the sack, drop a card inside with your donor number and tie the handles.
Milk shipment instructions
We are now accepting shipped milk from donors who have been screened and have properly stored their milk.
Call 1-319-384-9930 when you:
- have 150 to 200+ ounces to donate and request a shipping box.
- want to schedule a shipment date (Monday through Thursday only).
The shipping box includes:
- Packing/shipping instructions
- Payment for Priority Overnight shipping costs
The shipping box does not include dry ice.
Call FedEx, 1-800-463-3339 , the day before shipping to request a pick up time. Your milk will be shipped Priority Overnight on dry ice. If possible, schedule the pickup time for later in the day. This will allow your milk to stay in the freezer longer. You can also take the packed shipment to your local FedEx office.
It is important to use dry ice, not ice cubes or any other cold substitute, to ensure milk does not spoil.
- Purchase 3 to 5 lbs. of dry ice on the day you are scheduled to ship your milk.
- Do not use less than 3 lbs. or more than 5 lbs. of dry ice.
The shipment must be packed when FedEx arrives, but try to pack your milk close to when they arrive.
- Pack the shipping cooler/box as full and tight as possible with milk, but leave 2 to 3 inches at the top for the dry ice.
- Put bubble wrap on top of your milk, the dry ice in its plastic bag should be placed on top of the bubble wrap. Top with more bubble wrap to fill any empty spaces.
- Place a card inside with your name and donor number.
- Seal the cooler/box securely with several pieces of packing tape, fill in date shipped on Fed Ex airbill, attach it to the shipper top and attach the dry ice UN1845 sticker on the side where indicated.
- Cedar Rapids
- Council Bluffs
- Des Moines
- Fort Madison
- Mason City
- Sioux City
- Storm Lake
- West Burlington
- West Union
In South Dakota:
- Sioux Falls