Donating Through the UI Center for Advancement
The UI Center for Advancement is the preferred channel for private contributions to all areas of the university. Foundation staff members work with alumni and friends to generate funds for scholarships, professorships, facilities improvements, equipment purchases, research and other UI initiatives.
Support University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital
The ability of University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital to offer top-quality care in a welcoming environment is due, in part, to support from donors like you. Thanks to private support, we have been able to:
- Offer programs and amenities that enhance the emotional well-being of our patients and their families, such as our Child Life program, Patient's Library, and entertainment systems throughout the inpatient areas and clinics, which make the hospital feel as comfortable and home-like as possible.
- Purchase advanced medical technology that can more easily diagnose or treat childhood conditions, including the da Vinci Surgical System for robotically assisted, minimally invasive surgery.
- Expand and renovate our facilities to reflect our commitment to family-centered care. Most patient rooms are now private, with space for parents to stay in their child's room, 24 hours a day. Donor support also funded 100 percent of the recent expansion of our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
With your help, we could do even more to help children and their families. Here are just some of the ways we can enhance our services with the help of private support:
- Build a new UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital, designed from the ground up as a state-of-the-art, family-friendly environment
- Create a research endowment aimed at solving childhood's most common and difficult conditions, from diabetes to leukemia
- Attract more of the world's best pediatric physicians and researchers to UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital and the UI Department of Pediatrics
Donate to University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital
Support University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Private support has been instrumental in UI Hospitals & Clinics' success. Some examples of philanthropy in action include:
- Thousands of annual gifts of all sizes from grateful patients and others each year
- Numerous physicians who hold named, endowed faculty appointments
- Numerous privately supported clinical research programs
- Roy J. Carver Pavilion
- John Pappajohn Pavilion
- Pomerantz Family Pavilion
- Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center
- John and Mary Pappajohn Clinical Cancer Center—the clinical component of the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Carver Family Center for Macular Degeneration
Ongoing support is crucial to advancing the mission of UI Hospitals & Clinics.
Donate to UI Hospitals & Clinics
Support the UI Carver College of Medicine
Private support has been essential to the college's success. The college is named in recognition of the extraordinary generosity of Roy J. (1909-1981) and Lucille A. Carver of Muscatine, Iowa, who--along with the Roy J. Carver Charitable Trust--have given more than $98 million to the UI Foundation to support the college. Other examples of philanthropy in action in the UI Carver College of Medicine include:
- Thousands of annual gifts of all sizes from alumni and friends each year
- 168 privately supported scholarship accounts
- 144 named, endowed faculty positions
- 534 privately supported research and program funds
Ongoing support is crucial to advancing the college's mission.