Cancer diagnosis and treatment can be challenging for your child and your family.
These challenges do not have to be faced alone. Cancer can affect not only physical health, but also mental health. Psychosocial care is an important part of maintaining and improving quality of life.
The Pediatric Psychosocial Oncology program offers services to ensure our team is addressing mental health care needs alongside your child’s medical care. These pediatric psychosocial specialists are a part of your child’s care team from the start. We help children, adolescents and young adults manage emotional, social, and cognitive concerns that may occur at diagnosis, during treatment, and throughout life after cancer.
Treatments and services
- Medications to treat anxiety, depression, ADHD and other mental health disorders
- Mental health wellness checks
- Ongoing counseling and psychotherapy
- Neuropsychological testing
- Academic assistance in collaboration with your child’s school
- Assistance in identifying resources in your community
Our Care Team
- Ashley Jackson, Medical social work
- Katie Barreras, Therapist