Our coffee talks are designed for our first-time joint replacement patients and their coaches. Led by our experienced joint replacement nurse clinicians, this online discussion offers a casual way to get answers to questions as you prepare for your upcoming surgery from the comfort of your own home.
How to Get Ready for the Coffee Talk
- Review the Hip Replacement or Knee Replacement book prior to the discussion.
- Write down any general questions you want to ask.
- Tip: Answers to common questions can be found in our frequently asked questions document. Our nurse clinicians can expand on these or any additional general questions that may be top of mind.
- Note: Your privacy is important to us. As this is a group discussion, questions related to your specific health condition, medications, or personal questions about your home or support system will not be covered.
- Silence your phone, alarms, or any other distractions.
- You can choose any device to join the class: mobile phone, iPad, desktop, laptop, etc.
- Download the Zoom app on your device by going to https://zoom.us/ on your desktop or from your app store.
- You can join the meeting by calling in from your phone as well. Please follow directions provided by the nurse clinician team via myChart on how to call into the meeting
How to join the Coffee Talk
- Click on the link in the myChart message sent to you by our nurse clinicians a few minutes before the discussion starts
- Sign into the meeting with your first or last name only to protect your confidentiality.
- Make sure you are on mute after logging into the class and wait for the instructor.
- Please remain muted until the instructor asks for questions. Questions can be entered into the chat or can be voiced out loud.