About the Chief Executive Officer and Associate Vice President Search Process
Search Committee Co-Chairs
- Colin Derdeyn, MD, chair and departmental executive officer of the UI Department of Radiology
- Peter Matthes, UI senior advisor to the president and vice president for external affairs
Search Committee Members
- Joseph Clamon, JD, UI Health Care associate vice president for legal affairs and general counsel, and interim chief strategy officer
- Jacob Groen, DO, president, House Staff Council, and resident physician, UI Department of Family Medicine
- Mark Henrichs, MHA, CPA, UI Health Care associate vice president for finance and chief financial officer
- Katie Imborek, MD, UI Health Care interim associate vice president for health parity, and clinical professor and vice chair of clinical operations, UI Department of Family Medicine
- Jackie Kleppe, director of outreach and engagement, UI Health Care Marketing and Communications, and past president, UI Staff Council
- J. Lawrence Marsh, MD, chair and departmental executive officer, UI Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation
- Greta Rouse, member and UI Hospitals & Clinics committee vice chair, Board of Regents, State of Iowa
- Clark Stanford, DDS, PhD, MHA, dean, UI College of Dentistry
- Douglas Van Daele, MD, executive director, UI Physicians, and vice dean for clinical affairs, Carver College of Medicine
- Emily Ward, DNP, RN, MBA, NEA-BC, CCRN-K, associate chief nurse officer, UI Hospitals & Clinics
The firm Spencer Stuart has been selected to assist with the search process. Spencer Stuart, which has experience in executive searches in health care, assisted in the search earlier this year that resulted in the appointment of Denise Jamieson, MD, MPH, as UI vice president for medical affairs and the Tyrone D. Artz Dean of the Carver College of Medicine.
The new associate vice president and CEO will report to Jamieson.
This position is currently led on an interim basis by Kimberly Hunter, DNP, MBA, RN, NEA-BC, chief nurse executive of UI Hospitals & Clinics.