Driving Directions and Parking at UI Health Care
Looking for a specific clinic?
Please note: On our main campus, our elevators are in alphabetical order from the north to south end of the hospital.
Questions about parking?
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
UI Parking and Transportation Services: 1-319-335-1475
UI Health Care Concierge Services: 1-319-356-1900
After 5 p.m. and on weekends:
UI Parking and Transportation Services: 1-319-335-8312
Going to a specific Location?
We have dedicated directions and parking pages for our largest campus locations. You can view their informational pages below.
If you are trying to go to one of our other locations, you can search for that location's information in our general location search.
Frequently Asked Questions about Parking and Navigation
Patient Parking Pass
Patients can receive one free pass for use in Hospital Parking Ramps 1, 2, 3, and 4 (does not include valet). This pass can be used by another person who is driving the patient, but it is not for other visitors to use.
How do I get a Patient Parking Pass?
- Ask the clinic at check-in or the unit clerk at time of discharge
- Print a single use pass at home ahead of time from your MyChart account.
- Under “Visits” select “Appointments, Visits, Admissions”
- Click “Patient Parking Pass.” Print it out and bring it to your visit.
- For admitted patients, the nursing staff will provide the patient one pass on the day of discharge.
Simply scan the parking pass at the pay-in-lane machine when you exit the ramp; it’s good for one exit from any of the following four Hospital Parking Ramps (does not cover valet).
Valet parking services are offered at two locations.
- Most convenient to access Elevators A through H
- Hours: 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday
Pomerantz Family Pavilion
- Most convenient for Elevators I through M
- Hours: 5:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Valet parking is $15 (flat fee) and can be paid by cash, check, MasterCard, or Visa.
Patient Visitor Parking Pass Booklets are available to limit parking cost for prolonged patient visits. The booklets cost $30 each and contain five patient visitor passes (making your cost $6 per ramp exit). Each of the five passes is valid for one pre-paid exit from Hospital Parking Ramps 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- Must be visiting a patient; when purchasing, visitors need to provide the name of the patient they are visiting.
- Unused passes cannot be refunded, but can be shared with other visitors.
- Visitor Pass Booklets and individual passes are not eligible for refunds or redeemable for cash value in any way.
- These visitor passes have no expiration date.
They may be purchased at:
- UI Hospitals & Clinics Fountain Lobby Information Desk (Elevator C, Level 1): Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.; weekends 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Pomerantz Family Pavilion Information Desk (Elevator L, Level 1): Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital Information Desk: Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., weekends 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For people without a Patient Parking Pass:
- Up to 30 minutes: Free
- 31 minutes to an hour: $0.60
- Each additional hour: $1.20
- Maximum daily rate and/or lost ticket rate: $20
A higher hourly rate will apply for vehicles that enter the ramp between 5 and 9 a.m. Monday through Friday and stay longer than three hours.
Parking can be paid by cash, check, MasterCard, Discover, or Visa.
UI Hospitals & Clinics does not receive any of the parking fees. All fees go directly to UI Parking and Transportation which uses them to support the necessary operation, maintenance, and investment in the parking infrastructure at the main UI Hospitals & Clinics campus available to patients and visitors.
Lot 43 (behind Kinnick Stadium)
Free on weekends and holidays, and daily between 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 a.m., unless closed for a special event.
Hawkeye Commuter Parking Lot (about 2 miles from the hospital)
Visitors can get a permit to park here for free, about two miles away. Before parking in the lot, get your permit at the Main Information Desk or the UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital Information Desk. Validation of a clinic appointment or hospital stay/visit is required to obtain the permit.
The no-fare (free) UI CAMBUS routes Hawkeye-Hospital and Hawk Lot Hospital make regular trips from there to the West Campus Transportation Center (connected to the hospital by skyway).
Are there any limits to how long the patient’s vehicle can stay in the ramp?
There is no limit.
What if someone else is driving the patient to the campus and parks in the ramp, can they use a patient pass?
The patient can use the parking pass whether they are driving or not.
What if a patient has multiple appointments in one day, leaves, then returns for another appointment. Do they need a new pass each time?
Each pass can only be used once, but the patient can get a new Patient Parking Pass for each appointment.
May I get a free parking pass if I stop in to pick up a prescription?
No, free parking passes are for patients receiving outpatient, procedural, surgical or inpatient care at our hospital.
However, parking in a hospital ramp is free for the first 30 minutes and only $0.60 for one hour. Or, you may skip the trip altogether and use our prescription mail-order option.
Many of our pharmacy products can be shipped directly to you with no mailing costs.
For more information: Prescription Mail Order Service
Can friends and family get copies of the patient’s parking pass to use?
No, the pass is only for patient use. However, visitors can purchase a Visitor Parking Pass Booklet with five passes that limit the maximum daily parking costs to $6.