The following are the qualities that we seek in our Family as Faculty members:
- Experience and comfort with public speaking, giving both formal and informal presentations
- Ability to communicate clearly and interact with families and staff whose backgrounds, experiences, and styles may be very different from their own
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal and listening skills
- Enthusiasm about the hospital’s mission of excellence in patient care, education, and research
- Ability to share both positive and negative experiences in a constructive way
Members are required to participate in a training/orientation program and must be available to teach at two to three sessions each year. Reimbursement for travel and childcare expenses and free parking may be provided. Commitment to participate for two years is desired.
For more information about becoming a member of Family as Faculty Program, please contact our office.