Watch: The Donor Celebration Thank You Event
University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital recognized the fundraising efforts by Carson King and the tens of thousands of people who donated to his campaign during a media event at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 11. Watch the full replay below.
How this gift will help
This gift will go into a special fund that will target areas identified by Carson and other contributors.
Examples of how the money may be used include:
- Funds to help ease the financial pressures for families when their child is hospitalized. Costs — such as hotels, meals, gas, pharmacy co-pays — can add up. This funding can help ease that load for families.
- Child Life services that provide direct support to our patients and their families (including siblings). Through the use of play and other forms of communication, Child Life Specialists help reduce stress and meet the emotional and developmental needs of children while they are in the hospital.
- The latest technology, such as sophisticated monitoring and analytics platform that will allow us to better monitor NICU babies and improve clinical outcomes for our most fragile patients.
- Enhancements to our neonatal and pediatric transport services to provide all families across the state and region access to the comprehensive world-class sub-specialty pediatric care we offer.
- Professional development/continuing education support for nurses and other care providers to ensure that our dedicated pediatric team maintains knowledge and expertise in the most advanced practices and emergine technologies to provide excellent state-of-the-art care to our pediatric patients.
- Equipment needs ranging from isolettes and bed warmers to advanced imaging units.