If you make any changes to your insurance before your appointment please call Registration at 1-866-309-0832. This will help prevent delays and the need to reschedule your test, as many radiology services need a pre-authorization.
You will check in at the place written on your appointment letter.
If you have any questions or need to cancel your appointment please call 1-319-356-3444.
Getting ready for your test
Before your test, tell your doctor or nurse if you are:
- Pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- Allergic to contrast dye or iodine. Be sure to tell your doctor about these allergies before the day of your test. They may have you take medicine the night before or the morning of your test.
- Afraid or anxious in enclosed spaces. You may need to be given medicine to help you relax, you will also be given special diet instructions and will need someone to take you home.
You may need to have blood drawn if you:
- Are over 59 years of age
- Have diabetes
- Have kidney problems
- Have one kidney
- Have medical problems that affect how your kidneys work
- Have ascites
- Are waiting for a liver transplant or have had a recent liver transplant
If you need to have blood drawn, arrive one hour before your appointment time.
- Do not eat or drink for six hours before your test.
- Take all of your medicines as prescribed.
You will need somebody to drive you home after your test if you are given:
- Pre-medicine for an allergy, such as Benadryl
- Medicines to help you relax during the test
Please do not drive for 24 hours after getting sedation.
If you are unable to do any of the prep listed above, you may not be able to have the test or it may need to be rescheduled.
What to expect
- The test will take about one hour.
- For your safety, we will ask you to change into a hospital gown.
- You will need to remove jewelry, hairpins, watches, glasses, hearing aids, nonpermanent dentures, and wigs (if they have metal) before your test. You must also empty your pockets.
- You will be given a locker to hold your things during your test.
- The test is painless.
- You will have to lie very still and flat on your back for one hour.
- The test can be noisy. We will give you earplugs or earphones.