Are you interested in serving as a member of University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital Youth Advisory Council?
We seek the following qualities in YAC members:
- Current UI pediatric patient (inpatient or clinic) 14 to 18 years of age or siblings of patients ages 14 – 18
- Willing to speak openly with fellow council members and hospital staff about how to improve the hospital experience for children, teens and young adults.
- Participation in council meetings, projects, and activities with other council members and guests in a meaningful way
- Commitment to check email regularly and respond in a timely manner to all council communications
- Participation in a minimum of four meetings
- Commitment to notify hospital staff in advance if you cannot attend or participate in a YAC meeting, project or activity as planned
The Youth Advisory Council meets five to six times per year via Zoom. Members may receive a modest honorarium for each meeting attended.