The following diagnoses are appropriate for referral to endocrinology and diabetes clinics. At the time of the consult request, additional records will be requested, although clinical suspicion of a disorder is sufficient for referral. Consultation requests can be made directly to Medical Specialty Clinic.
Request for consultation for problems or diagnoses not listed may necessitate telephone contact with a staff member in the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes Mellitus and Metabolism. Telephone consultation is welcome. Division staff members can be reached by contacting UI Consult anytime or the division offices during normal business hours.
Consultations are accepted for the following disorders or problems:
- Diabetes mellitus; prediabetes; hyperlipidemia
- Thyroid disease (hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism; thyroid nodule; thyroid cancer; goiter)
- Pituitary disease (sellar mass; hyperprolactinemia; prolactinoma; acromegaly; Cushing’s disease; hypopituitarism; diabetes insipidus)
- Adrenal disease (adrenal mass; adrenal insufficiency; Cushing’s syndrome; congenital adrenal hyperplasia)
- Disorder of calcium (hypercalcemia; hypocalcemia; hyperparathyroidism; vitamin D deficiency)
- Hypertension (primary aldosteronism; pheochromocytoma)
- Osteoporosis; metabolic bone disease
- Hirsutism; polycystic ovary disease