Asthma and COPD Clinic
Staff members provide education in asthma self-management, advice on environmental assessment and modification, and inform patients of participation opportunities in relevant clinical trials.
- Access to participation in clinical trials
- Allergy, pulmonary function, bronchoscopy, laryngoscopy, exercise, and radiographic testing
- Assistance with smoking cessation and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Comprehensive clinical examination and treatment of occupational asthma
- Diagnosis, evaluation, consultation, and management of patients with asthma
- Education in asthma including triggers, monitoring, environmental controls, and treatment
- Referral to allergy, otolaryngology, gastroenterology, or other specialists as appropriate
Additional services include a steroid-dependent asthma clinic that provides a multidisciplinary evaluation of resistant, steroid-dependent and otherwise difficult-to-treat asthmatics. This may be arranged on a consultative basis or through referral for long-term follow-up.