Your weight-management plan is most effective when it’s personalized for you. A personalized weight-management plan is based on:
- Your goals
- Underlying causes of your weight gain
- Barriers that have prevented you from losing weight
The UI Health Care Weight Management Clinic works with you to create a plan that will help you reach your goals.
Expert care for people with serious weight issues
Our clinic serves people who have serious weight issues that threaten their health or their health care or that have a significant negative impact on daily living. We also assist people who have previously had bariatric surgery and experienced inadequate weight loss or weight gain.
Our patients are people who have more than a casual interest in weight loss. Typically, they’re people who have one or more of these issues:
- A body mass index (BMI) over 30, with a history of difficulty losing weight
- Need to lose weight before undergoing orthopedic surgery or other procedures
- Experiencing health issues that may be improved by weight loss
Weight-management treatment options to optimize your plan
The staff at the UI Health Care Weight Management Clinic specializes in helping patients with serious weight issues. Our physicians are board-certified experts in obesity. You’ll be treated by a provider with access to a wide range of the latest treatment options, including:
- Behavioral approaches to help build long-lasting lifestyle changes, including collaboration with dieticians
- Medical treatments to augment lifestyle changes
- Surgical options tailored to your needs
To begin working with our team on your weight-management plan, ask your doctor to refer you to the UI Health Care Weight Management Clinic.