Our Nephrology Services Include:
Why Choose Us?
University of Iowa Health Care is a national leader in diagnosing and treating kidney and urinary disorders in both adults and children.
Our multidisciplinary teams are formed from medical and surgical specialties across the institution to provide patient-centered care.
- We were the first hospital in Iowa to use robotic surgery for radical prostatectomy procedures, in which a patient's cancerous prostate is removed, and pyeloplasty procedures for treating patients with obstructed kidneys.
Our Clinic Provides Diagnosis and Specialized Services for Patients With:
- Acute kidney injury
- Chronic kidney disease
- Diabetes-related kidney disease
- Electrolyte disorders
- Acid-base disorders (acidosis, alkalosis)
- Potassium disorders (hyperkalemia, hypokalemia)
- Sodium disorders (hypernatremia, hyponatremia)
- Genetic kidney diseases
- High blood pressure
- Interstitial kidney disease
- Kidney stones
- Kidney-related bone disease
- Lupus-related kidney disease
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Proteinuria (protein in the urine)