Our trained rheumatologists are here to give you world-class care.
The interdisciplinary arthritis and rheumatology care team coordinates patient care and education. Experts in this area provide specialized care for patients with:
- Autoimmune diseases
- Arthritis including rheumatoid arthritis
- Complement disorders
- Crystalline-induced arthritis (gout and pseudogout)
- Musculoskeletal diseases
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
Why Choose Us?
The University of Iowa is an international leader in arthritis treatment and research and has a national reputation for all of its rheumatology services. We have robust research programs in adult and pediatric arthritis and rheumatological disorders.
- Both of the state's pediatric rheumatologists are at UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital.
- The Ankle Arthritis Center was established in 1999 by the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and offers state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic techniques for ankle arthritis.
Arthritis and Rheumatology Scheduling
Our trained rheumatologists are here to give you world-class care. We know that there is limited access to our specialists, so thank you for your patience. We want you to know that we are working to make sure that you can be seen in our clinics as quickly as you can.
We put you in the next new appointment slot as soon as your primary care provider refers you to us.
We use a cancellation list to make earlier appointments. We send offers for a new appointment through the UI Health Care MyChart system. If you do not have a MyChart account, our scheduling team will call you. We look forward to seeing you in our clinics.