The Advanced EBP Institute is an experience-centered immersion with dynamic, active, and reflective learning designed to: increase proficiency and master advanced knowledge and skills for leading and integrating EBP, improve and sustain outcomes, and expand impact across populations and healthcare systems.
During this program, internationally recognized EBP experts will immerse participants in practical experiential learning to master advanced EBP competencies and develop a learning network of peers. Institute faculty will dare to challenge traditional thinking about the EBP process and propose cutting-edge solutions. Participants will learn to lead teams in adoption and integration of EBP as they work through the most challenging steps of the EBP process and explore foundations for leveraging implementation science. They will share in transformational group discovery as well as individual or small group consultation. Participants will gain new perspective about scholarship for EBP, develop leadership skills, and build capacity for improved and sustained outcomes in healthcare systems to meet requirements for the Magnet Recognition Program® designation and accreditation by regulatory agencies, such as The Joint Commission (TJC).
Upcoming 4-Day Virtual Institutes
Note: Participation is required for all 4 days.
- Thursday, Feb. 9, 2023
- Friday, Feb. 10, 2023
- Thursday, Feb. 16, 2023
- Friday, Feb. 17, 2023
Limited space, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's what participants are saying
"It gave me a road map on how to start and how to sustain."
"Went above and beyond with details! So glad I got slides to take home, and the book is a HUGE asset to have."
"I feel much better about my abilities to gather, synthesize, and analyze the literature with tools I picked up here."
"Awesome facilitators - really engaged participants."
"I think the institute did an amazing job providing participants with the tools and materials needed to overcome barriers in the EBP process."
- Recognize evidence-based roles and actions of leaders that enhance EBP in their healthcare setting.
- Describe the organizational infrastructure necessary to build EBP capacity.
- Execute advanced methods to find and synthesize evidence.
- Construct an evaluation plan to inform the EBP change, determine the impact, and guide the implementation plan.
- Apply a data-driven Precision Implementation Approach® to select and apply strategies for promotion of EBP changes in complex healthcare systems.
- Employ methods to sustain EBP changes.
- Nurses (RNs and ARNPs) and interprofessional healthcare leaders and educators with foundational EBP experience
- Minimum BSN degree; master’s, or doctoral preparation preferred
- Participants are required to identify a topic/project to work on during the Institute. If assistance is needed, please contact Laura Cullen, DNP, RN, FAAN at email@example.com prior to the Institute.
- Completion of pre-requisite readings
Register for the Advanced EBP Institute
Or submit payment by check payable to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Department of Nursing to:University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Attn: Rosanna Seabold
Department of Nursing
200 Hawkins Dr, T100 GH
Iowa City, IA 52242