Mastering EBP and Building Capacity
The Advanced EBP Institute is an experience-centered immersion with dynamic, active, and reflective learning designed to: increase proficiency and master advanced knowledge and skills for leading and integrating EBP, improve and sustain outcomes, and expand impact across populations and healthcare systems.
During this program, internationally recognized EBP experts will immerse participants in practical experiential learning to master advanced EBP competencies and develop a learning network of peers. Institute faculty will dare to challenge traditional thinking about the EBP process and propose cutting-edge solutions. Participants will learn to lead teams in adoption and integration of EBP as they work through the most challenging steps of the EBP process and explore foundations for leveraging implementation science. They will share in transformational group discovery as well as individual or small group consultation. Participants will gain new perspective about scholarship for EBP, develop leadership skills, and build capacity for improved and sustained outcomes in healthcare systems to meet requirements for the Magnet Recognition Program© designation and accreditation by regulatory agencies, such as The Joint Commission (TJC).
- Recognize evidence-based roles and actions of leaders that enhance EBP in their healthcare setting.
- Describe the organizational infrastructure necessary to build EBP capacity.
- Execute advanced methods to find and synthesize evidence.
- Construct an evaluation plan to inform the EBP change, determine the impact, and guide the implementation plan.
- Apply a data-driven Precision Implementation Approach® to select and apply strategies for promotion of EBP changes in complex healthcare systems.
- Employ methods to sustain EBP changes.
- Nurses (RNs and ARNPs) and interprofessional healthcare leaders and educators with foundational EBP experience
- Minimum BSN degree; master’s, or doctoral preparation preferred
- Identification of a topic/project to work on during the Institute
- Completion of pre-requisite readings
Credit card payment
In-Person Institute: $1500 per person.
Virtual Institute: $1200 per person, 5 participants from the same institution may attend for the price of 4.
Payable to: University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Department of Nursing
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Attn: Rosanna Seabold
Department of Nursing
200 Hawkins Dr, T100 GH
Iowa City, IA 52242
Tailored EBP Institute
Partner together for custom programming based on your organization's needs. Faculty will provide cutting edge methods, tools, and resources to facilitate improvement in diverse settings. Programs may be multi-day with a focus on training nurse leaders, staff nurses, and teams. Please contact [email protected] for more information.