The Drug Information Center provides University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics staff with information about
- commercially available and investigational drugs
- drug to drug interactions
- drug-laboratory interactions
- drug identification by tablet/capsule markings
- foreign drug identification
- natural/herbal products
- injectable drug compatibility
- adverse drug reactions
- safety of drug use during pregnancy and breast feeding
- other medication-related questions
The Drug Information Center responds to more than 5,000 information requests annually.
The Formulary and Handbook contains information about policies and procedures related to the use of medications with UI Hospitals & Clinics, a listing of currently stocked medications, and guidelines for the appropriate use of medications.