The Eye Care Clinic provides general and specialized eye care including:
- Routine eye exams and primary eye care
- Cataract assessment and surgery
- Laser, medical, and surgical care for conditions of the eye and surrounding structures
- Assessment and treatment of retinal conditions including Age-related macular degeneration, Diabetic retinopathy, and inherited eye diseases
- Contact lens fitting and care
- Cosmetic procedures involving the eye and eyelid
- Laser vision correction and refractive surgery
- Treatment for dry eye, corneal infections, and uveitis (eye inflammation)
- Treatment for strabismus (misaligned eyes)
- Medical and surgical treatment of glaucoma
- Testing and treatment of optic nerve disorders and conditions involving visual pathways in the brain
Patients are screened for specific eye problems and if necessary, are seen by specialists in our specialty clinics.
Primary eye clinic patients receive expert vision measurements in a cost-efficient manner with a variety of appointment scheduling options. For more advanced medical care and for contact lens fittings, patients are referred to other services within the Ophthalmology Department.
We offer selected eye care services at University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics - Iowa River Landing, including our eyewear service UI Optical. Located at the Coralville interchange on Interstate 80 (exit 242), UI Hospitals & Clinics - Iowa River Landing offers patients easy access, free parking, several amenities, and a state-of-the-art building for delivering outstanding patient care.
Convenient Eyewear Service
UI Optical offers designer frames as well as the newest technology in lens materials, designs, and treatments or coatings for adult and children's eyeglasses. Professional opticians with American Board of Opticianry certification will help with your eyewear needs. Walk-ins are welcome at UI Optical.