Where the Patient Is Central
The University of Iowa Organ Transplant Center is a multi-institutional, multidisciplinary center designed to put the patient at the center of the care team. Through our state-wide services, experts from different disciplines are brought together in one place to serve our patients' needs and to help restore them to normal living.
Our mission is to offer world-class transplant services to Iowans, Midwesterners, and the world. Learn about our outstanding organ transplant outcomes, meet the members of our expert teams, view our efficient evaluation process, meet some of our patients, and see what makes us stand out as your best partner for your transplant.
We Invite You to Learn More
Your neighbors from throughout Iowa as well as citizens from the region, have placed their trust in us as a center of excellence for transplant care. We invite you to become part of our legacy as you consider the next steps in your long-term health and well-being.
- Welcome from Our Director
- Iowa's Only Blue Distinction Center® for Transplant
- A Timeline of Iowa Transplant Firsts
- A Center for Iowa and the World
- The Area's Leader in Transplant Volumes
- Research in the OTC
- Lives Touched by Transplants
- Information for Kidney Donors
- Strategies for Coping with a Chronic or Rare Disease