Experience the benefits of the Iowa difference!
Forbes magazine named UI Hospitals & Clinics, among the top 10 health care employers in the country for 2018.
UI Hospitals & Clinics was the first hospital in Iowa to be designated a Magnet Hospital (2004) by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the first hospital in Iowa to be re-designated three times (2008, 2013 and 2018).
What does this all mean to you? Perioperative (OR) nursing jobs at UI Hospitals & Clinics come with competitive salaries and outstanding benefits. We currently are hiring perioperative (OR) nurses in multiple units. If comprehensive insurance coverage, tuition reimbursement, generous paid vacation/sick/holiday accruals, and an outstanding professional recognition program sound good to you, come join the team!
We care for the people who care for our patients. Apply today!
- Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC)
- Day of Surgery Admissions (DOSA)
- Main Operating Room (MOR)
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- Pre-Surgery Anesthesia Evaluation Clinic
A multi-specialty surgery center that offers same day services for both adult and pediatric patients. Services range from ophthalmology, otolaryngology, and general surgical procedures, to sports medicine surgeries. The ASC includes ten state-of–the-art operating rooms with large preparation and recovery areas, featuring private rooms for families.
A 20-bed preoperative preparation and admission unit for adult patients scheduled for surgery in the main operating room.
Includes 32 operating rooms serving adult and pediatric surgical specialties open 24/7. Intra-operative services are divided into six teams staffed by RNs and Surgical Technologists.
Team 1: Cardiothoracic, Peripheral Vascular, and Transplant (Heart and Lung)
Team 2: Neurosurgery
Team 3: Orthopedics
Team 4: Urology, Gynecology, Transplant (Kidney, Pancreas, and Liver)
Team 5: Otolaryngology, Oral Surgery, Ophthalmology
Team 6: Plastics, General Surgery-Pediatric, Adult
1. PACU: 15-bed stage adult unit plus two isolation-capable rooms
2. Peds Recovery: six-bed pediatric stage I recovery unit
3. Pediatric Pre and Post Surgical: seven-bed unit for pediatric pre-operative patients and stage II recovery patients
4. Second Stage Recovery Facility: 10-bed adult stage II recovery unit
5. Electro Convulsive Therapy Recovery: three-bed post-procedural area
Anesthesia experts evaluate patients either in a clinic or by phone a week or so before their surgery. Certain medical conditions or procedures determine whether this evaluation can occur over the phone or in a clinic.