The Experienced Nurse Fellowship Program is designed to assist experienced nurses during their transition to the role of an acute care nurse at University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics. Experienced nurses new to UI Hospitals & Clinics employed in adult and child inpatient units, the Emergency Department, Perioperative Services and the Ambulatory Surgery Center are automatically enrolled into the program.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics Experienced Nurse Fellowship Program is accredited as a Practice Transition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation in Practice Transition Programs.
The fellowship aims to:
- Support the role transition of the experienced nurse to a new clinical setting
- Foster clinical nursing leadership at the point of care
- Promote clinical decision making and improve patient outcomes through integration of research, evidence-based practice, and quality improvement initiatives
- Explore opportunities for nursing professional development
The fellowship is comprised of three sessions provided over a six-month period. Content includes the following:
- Promoting a healthy work environment and working with the interprofessional team
- Nursing quality improvement and evidence-based practice (EBP)
- Patient and family-centered care, including attention to ethical decision-making, patient/family education, and professional development opportunities for nurses at UI Hospitals & Clinics
For more information on the Experienced Nurse Fellowship Program:Phone: 1-319-356-2285