Apply Today and Earn a Sign-On Incentive of Up to $10,000
For a limited time, registered nurses with more than two years of clinical experience can earn a sign-on incentive of up to $10,000. If you’re a former UI Health Care nurse, you may qualify for more.
- UI Hospitals & Clinics offers nurses one of the highest salary schedules in the state and region.
- At the time of hiring we will take into consideration your years of RN experience to adjust your salary from the base level.
- Cost-of-living increases are typically awarded on an annual basis.
Differential Pay Schedules
We offer incentives for nurses to work evening and night shifts. Our differential pay schedule recognizes shift work, weekend work, and additional hours as follows:
- Evening shifts currently pay an extra $3 per hour.
- Night shifts currently pay an extra $3.50 per hour.
- Weekends currently pay an extra $2.50 per hour plus evening or night shift differentials that may apply.
- Premium pay of up to an additional $30 per hour applies when a nurse picks up an additional shift, greater than four hours.
- Inpatient positions have an additional differential that totals $5,000 per year for full-time employees.
The Iowa Difference: Tuition Reimbursement
We help nurses grow in their knowledge and experience in many ways:
- We offer up to $3,000 per year in tuition reimbursement for education and certification.
- We pay for registration and travel costs to attend professional conferences.
- We provide technical training in a state-of-the-art clinical training facility.
Extensive Benefits Package
Your benefits package at UI Hospitals & Clinics is the equivalent of an additional 40 percent of the annual salary and includes insurance at no cost that covers the individual employee for health, life, and disability. Our employees can choose between two retirement investment plans where the employer matches the base employee contribution 2:1.
Because our benefits are offered cafeteria style, nurses have the option to adjust their coverage to best meet their needs, whether for single coverage, for themselves and children, for themselves and a spouse/domestic partner, or for themselves and a family. Because some employees may be covered adequately by a spouse/partner’s insurance from another employer, they can elect to use their University of Iowa benefits in other ways, such as child-care spending or additional dental and vision coverage.
For health care coverage, these are the current rates for UI Hospitals & Clinics nurses.
- Coverage for the employee – complete coverage, no additional charge
- Coverage for the employee and children (no spouse/domestic partner) – a cost of $224 per month
- Coverage for the employee and spouse/domestic partner (no children) – a cost of $275 per month
- Coverage for the employee and family (spouse/domestic partner and children) - $295 per month
Transition / Relocation Allowance
If you are relocating from 50 miles or more, you are eligible to apply for a transition/relocation allowance.
- Up to $3,000
- Determined on a case-by-case basis with approval by the hiring department