Social Work Support in Palliative Care

A Supportive and Palliative Care social worker is available to assist patients/families during the most vulnerable and stressful of times. An important part of you and your loved one’s care is to treat the whole person and enhance quality of life. A master’s licensed social worker can help you in the following ways:

  • Counsel patients and families
  • Assist with adjustment to illness, disease, and situation
  • Offer support in talking with children and other family members
  • Help you understand insurance coverage and Social Security benefits
  • Assist with coordination between you and your medical team and understand the plan of care
  • Assist with referrals to community resources

If you would like further information about this service, please contact Supportive and Palliative Care at 1-319-384-8690, call Social Services at 1-319-356-2207 or visit the Clinical Social Work Services page.