University of Iowa Human Rights Policy
States that in no aspect of its programs shall there be differences in the treatment of persons because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification that deprives the person of consideration as an individual.
Every member of our clinic staff has had LGBTQ-specific cultural humility training. This training, through the Safe Zone Project, is to make sure our clinic setting is welcoming and affirming for all our patients.
Patients with disabilities and non-English speakers are welcome. Our clinic provides full-service health care to meet the LGBTQ health care needs.
About the LGBTQ Clinic
Our LGBTQ Medical Services Include:
- Chronic disease management, including:
- Contraceptive management
- Gender-affirming voice services
- Gynecological services, including:
- Breast exams
- Pelvic exams
- Menopause care
- Obstetric care
- HIV testing and prevention
- Hormone therapy
- Post-surgical care for those who have undergone gender affirming surgery
- Routine physical exams and wellness
- Same-day urgent care visits
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment
Our Care Team
- Hannah Tykol, RN (Family Medicine)
- Becky Krob, RN (Internal Medicine)