The vulvar vaginal diseases service sees referrals to help women with short and long-term problems of the outer genital area (vulva), vagina and pelvic floor muscles including:
- Atrophic vaginosis
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Pain with intercourse
- Pelvic floor muscle dysfunction
- Vulvar vaginal burning, itching, irritation and pain
- Vulvar Vestibulitis
- Yeast infections
A patient must be referred by her local health care provider.
- Your healthcare provider will examine you and talk with you about recommendations for treatment and/or management of your symptoms.
- Some vulvar diseases require a biopsy to diagnose the condition.
- Your healthcare team may refer you to other specialists, including physical therapists or health psychologists.
- Separate insurance authorization is necessary for these services.
- Skin care education
The clinic staff provides general education and support to help women cope with these very personal health problems.
Following a clinic visit, a letter is promptly sent to your local health care provider. The letter provides the results of your exam and the plan of care.
Improve the health of your vulvar skin by following the Vulvar Skin Care Guidelines.