For patients meeting ECMO criteria or to immediately speak with an ECMO Managing Physician:
- Contact our UI Admission and Transfer Center at 1-866-890-5969
- Press 1, when the recording begins, to immediately reach a staff member
- Mention that your case involves ECMO
- For adult patients, you will be connected with the Adult ECMO managing physician on-call
- For pediatric patients, you will be connected with the Pediatric ICU
- For newborn patients, you will be connected with the Neonatal ICU
How to Arrange ECMO Transport
If you have identified a patient appropriate for ECMO and your patient is stable for ground or air transportation, we can help facilitate this process.
If your patient is too unstable for transport, the UI Hospitals & Clinics ECMO program has the ability to come to the patient, place on ECMO, and transport the patient back to UI Hospitals & Clinics for care.