University of Iowa Sports Medicine delivers comprehensive care for competitive and recreational athletes of all ages.
The physicians at UI Sports Medicine are all fellowship trained in sports medicine and provide expertise in a wide range of musculoskeletal and medical conditions. You will be evaluated by the same physicians who take care of all the University of Iowa athletes and teams.
Let's get you moving again:
- Timely evaluation of injuries
- MRI and X-ray service
- Diagnostic and interventional musculoskeletal ultrasounds
- Knee, elbow, shoulder, foot, and ankle surgery
- Individually designed treatment and rehabilitation programs
- Physical therapy offering state-of-the-art rehabilitation, including underwater and gravity-reducing treadmills
Your care will also be backed by the resources of the entire University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. We have the experts and resources to get you back into the game as soon as possible.
See the leaders in sports medicine research
We are currently involved in dozens of basic science and clinical research studies at the University of Iowa. UI Sports Medicine also collaborates with numerous institutions across the country as part of the Multi Orthopaedic Outcome Network (MOON) research group. Our clinician scientists have extensive interests in shoulder, knee, elbow, foot, ankle, concussion, tendon, and muscle research.
Learn more about how we can help
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Shoulder and elbow injuries
- Knee injuries
- Joint replacement
- Hand and wrist injuries
You could be our next success story
- Minimally invasive procedure provides relief from plantar fasciitis pain
- Surgery-free care allows injured athlete to keep rowing
There are no hassles at our facility
UI Sports Medicine can meet all of your needs in one convenient location. We even offer easy, free parking – just steps from our front door.
Our spacious, modern clinic will be your destination for:
- Doctor visits, including orthopedic specialists who treat hand, shoulder, and foot and ankle problems
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation, including hydrotherapy pool
- Custom orthotics and prosthetics services
- Athletic shoe modification and bracing
- Training aids and rehabilitation accessories
With 16 exam rooms, four treatment rooms, and 7,500 square feet of space for rehabilitation services, we're ready to serve you.