University of Iowa Sports Medicine delivers comprehensive care for competitive and recreational athletes of all ages.
The physicians at UI Sports Medicine are all fellowship trained in sports medicine and provide expertise in a wide range of musculoskeletal and medical conditions. You will be evaluated by the same physicians who take care of all the University of Iowa athletes and teams.
Our Sports Medicine Clinic offers a broad range of services:
- Timely evaluation of injuries
- MRI and X-ray services
- Diagnostic and interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Knee, elbow, shoulder, foot, and ankle surgery
- Individually designed treatment and rehabilitation programs
- Physical therapy offering state-of-the-art rehabilitation, including underwater and gravity reducing treadmills
We are also backed by the resources of the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
UI Sports Medicine has the experts and the resources to get you back into the game as soon as possible.
UI Sports Medicine is also a leader in sports medicine research. We are currently involved in dozens of basic science and clinical research studies at the University of Iowa. UI Sports Medicine also collaborates with numerous other institutions across the country as part of the Multi Orthopaedic Outcome Network (MOON) research group. Our clinician scientists have extensive interests in shoulder, knee, elbow, foot and ankle, concussion, tendon, and muscle research.
Services and Conditions
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Shoulder and elbow injuries
- Knee injuries
- Joint replacement
- Hand and wrist injuries
- Minimally invasive procedure provides relief from plantar fasciitis pain
- Surgery-Free Care Allows Injured Athlete to Keep Rowing
Sports Medicine Facilities
The UI Sports Medicine Clinic serves all of your needs in one convenient location. And we offer easy, free parking just steps from our front door.
Our spacious, modern clinic will be your destination for:
- Doctor visits, including orthopedic specialists who treat hand, shoulder, and foot and ankle problems
- X-ray and MRI services
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation, including hydrotherapy pool
- Custom orthotics and prosthetics services
- Athletic shoe modification and bracing
- Training aids and rehabilitation accessories
With 16 exam rooms, four treatment rooms, and 7,500 square feet of space for rehabilitation services, we're ready to serve you.