2016 U.S. News & World Report has named University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City to its annual “Best Hospitals” rankings.
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Obstetrics and Gynecology offers care for your lifetime—from your first gynecological exam, to delivering your baby, through menopause.
We provide comfortable, compassionate care that includes access to advanced medical and technical expertise if necessary. Nearly 30 physician specialists are joined by certified nurse midwives, advanced registered nurse practitioners and an excellent nursing and ancillary health staff to insure you get the complete health care you need in a private and personal environment.
In addition to quality care, we offer in-depth information on the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care of conditions that affect women of all ages.
At the core of women's health is obstetrics and gynecology. In 2016, U.S.News & World Report ranked our gynecology services among the best in the nation.
- Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery
- Gynecologic Cancer
Read more about Refering Providers.
Read more about UI Department of Obstentics and Gynecology
UI Women's Health Seminars
We value women in the community and their overall happiness that comes with a healthy lifestyle. Learn more about our upcoming women's health seminars.
Our health care professionals are currently seeing patients at the following locations:UI Women’s Health
Iowa City, IA
UI Hospitals and Clinics - Iowa River Landing
UI Women's Health – Quad Cities
Specialty services available
Why Choose Us?
Obstetrics and Gynecology Care
- Ranked 15th as a Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report magazine in 2014.
- First and only hospital in the United States offering multidisciplinary approach to patients with uterine fibroids.
- Ranked as a top 100 Hospitals With Great Women's Health Programs by Becker's Hospital Review for offering outstanding women's health programs in 2013
- UI Obstetrics and Gynecology offers the latest in women-focused comprehensive health care.
- Approximately 2,000 obstetric deliveries (live births) annually.
- Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield designated UI Hospitals and Clinics as a Blue Distinction Center in assisted reproduction quality program.
- Optum Health Care Solutions designated our infertility services as a "Center of Excellence."