UI Health Care has Human Resource Specialists available in the Fountain lobby from 2-4 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays. If you need help with an application or accepting an offer, just drop in. No appointment necessary.
Apply Today and Earn a Sign-On Incentive of Up to $10,000+
Whether you’re an experienced nurse or a new graduate, registered nurses may qualify for up to $10,000 in sign-on incentives when you apply with UI Health Care today. An additional $2,500 incentive is available for select positions in the following areas: Medical Surgical Services, Operating Room, Behavioral Health Services, Digestive Health Services, Cancer Center, and Heart and Vascular Adult Cath Lab.
Take the Next Step in Your Career
We realize you have many career choices, and we hope the lineup of benefits and opportunities at UI Hospitals & Clinics puts us at the top of your list.
- You’ll work at the top of your license.
- You’ll care for complex patients using the most advanced technology.
- You’ll be rewarded for your previous nursing experience.
- You’ll have an opportunity to advance your knowledge and to share it as a mentor.
- You’ll be part of a Magnet hospital that has led the country in demonstrating nursing
Get in Touch with Us
If you’re a nurse looking for the next stage of your career, we look forward to hearing from you. Both full- and part-time positions are available. Give us a call at 319-356-2285, send us an email, or submit your interest online to hear more about our latest opportunities.
The Iowa Difference: For Experienced Nurses
As a teaching hospital, UI Hospitals & Clinics is at the forefront of medical research, technology, and care. You will work alongside health care professionals who use life-changing innovations and cutting-edge research to deliver world-class care to our patients.
Our Experienced Nurse Fellowship Program will help you gain experience in these new approaches and become an integral part in shaping the future of medicine. Changing Medicine, Changing Lives is more than a slogan at UI Hospitals & Clinics—it embodies our approach to caring for every patient, every day.
We will be happy to answer your questions about specific positions and the work environment in general. Several questions come to us routinely, especially from experienced nurses considering a move to our area. Maybe we can answer a few of your concerns here:
- Schools - You have many outstanding choices for public and private schools in Iowa City and surrounding communities.
- Benefits - Here are two places to learn more about benefits:
- Parking - Yes, we have plenty of parking for our employees. We've planned our parking with commuter lots set out from our main campus and connected by a free bus system. Nighttime and weekend employees will find parking available in ramps next to the hospital building.
- Quality of Living - We've put together a list of many features our nurses like to tell prospective employees about the benefits of working in Iowa City.