UI Health Care has Human Resource Specialists available in the Fountain lobby from 2-4 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays. If you need help with an application or accepting an offer, just drop in. No appointment necessary.
Why choose us for your career as a medical assistant?
- We have an exceptional benefits package with excellent insurance and retirement plans.
- Our positions provide a variety of opportunities working with adults or children.
- In addition to the main UI Hospitals & Clinics location, we have other Johnson County locations, including Iowa River Landing and University of Iowa Community Clinics (UICC). We also offer opportunities throughout the state of Iowa in our UICC clinics, including Cedar Rapids, Quad Cities, Cedar Falls, and Des Moines area.
- We provide a rich learning environment for you to maximize your career options.
- You'll have opportunities working at the top of your scope of practice.
- Through strong department support our medical assistants participate in shared governance.
- Through flexibility and innovative management, we foster a strong work/life balance.
- You’ll have opportunities to advance to a care team coordinator position, where you’ll spend more time with patients and expand your physician-support and administrative duties.
We offer exciting opportunities for medical assistants
At University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, medical assistants perform a variety of tasks, assisting with check-in, testing, and recording tasks in clinics and procedure areas.
Our medical assistants perform technical, patient care, and related data enter functions. These duties include:
- Assisting with physical examinations
- Documenting care, medications, and patient history using electronic health record (EHR)
- Performing routine tests and procedures
- Collecting specimens for routine and specialized testing
- Administering medications under the direction of a licensed independent practitioner
Follow these easy steps to apply
- See the current list of all available patient care provider positions.
- The job listings for the positions that interest you will have an Apply for Job button that takes you through the application process.
- Your application will come to our office and we will contact you directly for an interview.