Apply Today and Earn a Sign-On Incentive of Up to $10,000+
Whether you’re an experienced nurse or a new graduate, registered nurses may qualify for up to $10,000 in sign-on incentives when you apply with UI Health Care today. An additional $2,500 incentive is available for select positions in the following areas: Medical Surgical Services, Operating Room, Behavioral Health Services, Digestive Health Services, Cancer Center, and Heart and Vascular Adult Cath Lab.
Providing the Foundation for Care Excellence
Not all nurses want the challenge of providing the best care to the most complex patients.
University of Iowa nurses do.
Patients at UI Hospitals & Clinics are the most complex in Iowa and among the most complex in the nation. They come to us with the understanding they are receiving the highest level of care, and our nurses deliver.
Working at an academic medical center offers you the full range of care areas, allowing you to select the level of technology and patient complexity that suits you.
Because we are an academic medical center, innovation and education are in everything we do. We offer state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic modalities for patient management. You can care for patients here that you won’t find anywhere else. We offer you the opportunity to gain exceptional experience with unique and complex cases, using state-of-the-art medicine and cutting-edge research.
Advanced Centers of Care
At Iowa you will be part of advanced centers of care not found at any other institutions in the state:
- The only internationally accredited adult, pediatric, and neonatal care and training center for Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) in Iowa
- Regional center for neurosurgical and neuro-endovascular repairs, as well as Iowa’s only comprehensive stroke center
- Iowa’s only adult and pediatric heart and lung transplant programs
- Iowa’s only accredited Center of Care for Pulmonary Hypertension
- Iowa’s only Level One academic trauma center
- Iowa’s only burn treatment center verified by the American Burn Association Centers
- Iowa’s only Tier II Biocontainment Isolation Unit
Understandably, nurses who treat high-acuity patients require extensive nursing knowledge and skills. We work to assure our nurses have the background and training so they can confidently deliver care for the most complex cases.
You have the confidence that you will be thoroughly trained on the latest patient-care tools. Our Nursing Education Center features fully equipped patient simulation areas to help you get comfortable with the tools long before you are using them in direct patient care.