Care Coordination Division Patient Medication Assistance Program
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics social workers work with qualified patients and their families to acquire medications from pharmaceutical companies at little or no cost. If you do not have adequate prescription drug coverage and you are seen by a UI Hospitals & Clinics physician for the medication in which you need assistance, please contact the Patient Medication Assistance Program at 1-319-384-8528 to find out if there may be a program that could help you with the cost of your medications.
There are also various programs that help patients who cannot afford their medication co-pays. Some of these programs also offer assistance with insurance co-pays, premiums, and deductibles. These programs are disease specific. You can obtain more information regarding these programs by contacting the Patient Medication Assistance Program at 1-319-384-8528 or the individual programs below via phone or their website.
- Cancer Care Co-Payment Assistance Foundation: call 1-866-552-6729
- Good Days Foundation Program
- Healthwell Foundation: call 1-800-675-8416
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: call 1-914-949-5213
- Patient Access Network Foundation: call 1-866-316-7263
- Patient Advocate Foundation: call 1-800-532-5274
- Patient Services Incorporated: call 1-800-366-7741