A respirator fit testing is required annually or as determined by your department in consultation with UEHC. A respirator fit test requires a 20-minute scheduled appointment (contact the UEHC at 1-319-356-3631 to schedule). A questionnaire must be completed prior to your visit if you have had any health changes since your last fitting. Contact your supervisor or Human Resource Representative to have this compliance removed from your requirements if the respirator is no longer a job requirement.
Respirator Refit Testing Instructions:
- Initial health questionnaire needs to be completed and will be reviewed for health changes by UEHC personnel prior to annual fit testing.
- No eating, drinking, smoking, or chewing gum 15 minutes prior to testing.
If you have any of the following, instructions on wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) will be reviewed with you:
- Unable to pass the fit test
- Not needed to wear a mask within the last 12 months
- Do not work in an area that routinely provides care for patients in airborne isolation
- Have a beard or have a beard intermittently throughout the year
Additional Links of Interest: