Where to go for Work-Related Illness or Injury

For work injuries/accidents, employees must receive medical care from UI Occupational Health.

Please call to schedule an appointment prior to arriving at the clinic:

UI Occupational Health
2591 Holiday Road
Coralville, IA 52241
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: 1-319-356-3335

Employees out of the Iowa City area should use one of these approved facilities

If you are injured at work and need emergency treatment:

  • Employees in the Iowa City area should use the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics Emergency Room for emergencies and/or treatment during non-clinic hours.
  • In situations where a serious injury occurs and emergency treatment is needed, care should be obtained at the nearest medical facility. If a participating facility is not readily available, emergency medical care may be received from any provider.
  • Complete an electronic First Report of Injury. This is located on the Employee Self-Service web site under HR Applications. It needs to be completed by you within 24 hours from time of incident.

Helpful Links