Your care team has just enrolled you in a care plan to help you manage your health. You can follow this care plan using MyChart Care Companion, an interactive, personalized plan of care delivered through the MyChart mobile app.
You will get real-time notifications for things such as:
If you do not have the MyChart mobile app on your mobile device, you need to download it before you can use MyChart Care Companion features. Go to the Apple App store or Google Play Store and search for MyChart.
Using MyChart Care Companion
- Log in to the MyChart app on your mobile device. Tap the To Do icon on the home screen. The To Do activity shows you a list of tasks that are due today.
- Do your assigned tasks. How you do this depends on the type of task:
- Education tasks
- Select the task to review the educational materials. These might be a text handout or a video to watch. Use the I Understand button to show you understand the material. Select I Have Questions to send any questions you have to your care team.
- Questionnaire tasks
- Choose the task to open the questionnaire. Answer all of the questions and select Submit when you are done.
In some cases, your care plan might change based on things such as readings you record through a health-tracking task or answers to a symptom check-in questionnaire. When this happens, you will be told of the changes, and you can view them by choosing the Changes tab at the bottom of the To Do activity.
To make sure your care plan works with your schedule, you can choose when you get notifications for tasks given to you and whether notifications are sent for each task or all tasks at once.
- Open the To Do activity, choose Options at the top of the screen, and select Manage To Do Reminders.
- If you want to change how you get notifications from the MyChart app for tasks that are due, in the How Often? section:
- Select When My Tasks Are Due to get a notification when each task is due.
- Select Only Once Daily to get one combined notification for all of the tasks that are due each day.
- If you want to change what time you get notifications throughout the day, select Manage Reminder Schedule. You can set times to get reminders for tasks that are due:
- By End of Day
You can make your own tasks in MyChart Care Companion if you want to get reminders for other tasks that are not part of your care plan.
These tasks can be taking a daily allergy medicine that is not on your medicine list or doing a daily meditation.
How to make your own tasks:
- Open the To Do activity, choose Options at the top of the screen, and select Create Task.
- Enter a name and description for the task. Then, enter the time at which you want to get the task reminder and how often the task should repeat.
- Select Submit.
You can view progress towards your task completion by tapping the Progress tab at the bottom of the To Do activity.
From here, you can view the number of tasks you finished out of the number assigned for each task type and an overall percentage of tasks you have done.
Use the buttons at the top to view data for the last 7 days, 30 days, or 90 days at a time.