The Helen K. Rossi Volunteer Guest House gives comfort and lodging to family members of inpatients at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital. It is named in honor of the volunteers at UI Hospitals and Clinics and for Helen K. Rossi, who founded the Volunteer Services program in 1973.
Call the Rossi Guest House
- The Rossi Guest House does not reserve rooms, but has a waiting list.
- Call 319-384-9240 if you are outside of the hospital or 4-9240 from hospital phones. Please, call up to 48 hours before the patient is admitted.
- Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on weekends and university holidays.
- Priority for rooms is by the patient’s unit and the family’s place on the waiting list.
- Check-in for the Adult Family Lodging and the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital Family Suite at the Rossi Guest House Office (Elevator C, Level 4).
- Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on weekends and university holidays.
Adult Family Lodging
- There are 14 rooms at a nearby hotel with no cost for family members of adult inpatients.
- There are free rides to and from the hospital, all day and all night.
- Some meals are offered.
University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital Family Suite
- The Rossi Guest House (Elevator C, Level 4) has 16 rooms for family members of pediatric inpatients.
- Rooms have two full-sized beds, a bathroom, a breast pump, a mini refrigerator, and a television. Guests can ask for cribs.
- The UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital Family has a vending and dining space, a refrigerator, a microwave oven, Wi-Fi, and a laundry room.
- Rate: $10 per night. Guests can pay by cash, check, or credit card (MasterCard, Discover, or Visa).