The Helen K. Rossi Volunteer Guest House gives comfort and lodging to family members of inpatients at University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, including University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital. It is named in honor of the volunteers at UI Hospitals & Clinics and for Helen K. Rossi, who founded the Volunteer Services program in 1973.
Call the Rossi Guest House Lodging Program
- Call 1-319-384-9240 if you are outside of the hospital or 4-9240 from hospital phones. Call up to 48 hours before the patient is admitted.
- Hours to call: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on weekends and university holidays. Or come to the Main Information Desk in the UI Hospitals & Clinics Main Entrance Lobby (Elevator E, Level 1).
- Rooms are located at the Heartland Inn, (87 2nd Street, Coralville), with a free shuttle. Do not call or book through the Heartland Hotel directly.
- The Rossi Guest House does not take reservations, but has a waiting list.
- Priority for rooms is by the patient’s unit and the family’s place on the waiting list.
- Pediatric patient families: $10/night + tax ($11.20 total)
- Adult patient families: $30/night + tax ($33.60 total)
Guests can pay by cash or credit card (Mastercard, Discover, or Visa). The rest of the cost is covered by UI Hospitals & Clinics.
A free shuttle runs from the UI Hospitals & Clinics Main Entrance and the UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital Main Entrance. Current shuttle hours are 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends.
If you need a ride to the hospital for a patient emergency during off-hours, Heartland Inn staff will get cab service, and the hospital will cover the cost.
At the hotel
A complimentary hot breakfast is provided to guests daily and light evening meal Monday - Thursday.
All guest rooms have:
Also available for use:
- Coin-operated clothes washers and dryer