At UI Health Care, we want our patients and their families to have the best experience possible. The Patient and Family Advisory Board is just one of the ways we engage with our patients and their family members to make this possible.
The Patient and Family Advisory Board (PFAB) is a group comprised of patients, family members, caregivers, and member of the UI Health Care team. The board meets every other month to share information, discuss topics of importance, and collaborate on improvement strategies aimed at making a positive impact on patient care and the patient experience at UI Health Care.
The advisory board is essential for giving our patients a voice regarding many changes that occur throughout the hospital. Board Members enjoy a safe forum that allows them to voice concerns, provide feedback, and present suggestions that will help improve the care experience for others that rely on UI Health Care for their health care needs.
Help make a difference
UI Health Care's goal is to form a collaborative relationship between patients, families, and their health care team that is culturally sensitive, respectful, and compassionate.
The advisory board strives to have representatives from a variety of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and care experiences to:
- Talk about barriers to care, treatment, and services
- Suggest ideas and solutions that will enhance the care experience
- Give the patient and family perspective
- Help us better plan and educate other patients and families on support services available to them
Interested potential applicants to the board must:
- Be a current patient or family member of a current patient (patients/family members who are not currently receiving care but have received care within the last year may also be considered)
- Be committed to regularly attending meetings, which are held every other month
- Sign an advisory board statement of confidentiality