Ronald McDonald House of Iowa City provides support and comfortable accommodations for eligible families so they can stay close to their child receiving medical treatment at University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital. To put your name on the wait list, call 1-319-500-7642.
Ronald McDonald House of Iowa City provides support and comfortable accommodations for families so they can stay close to their child receiving medical treatment at University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital.
To be eligible to stay, families must live at least 20 miles away and have a child age 21 or younger in medical care. Once a guest, families may stay until their child is discharged from the hospital. Because of this, we cannot guarantee room reservations in advance as families do not always know when they will be leaving. In lieu of room reservations, families are placed on a wait list until a room becomes available.
Please note that any individual with a child abuse or domestic violence conviction, or any individual on the National Sex Offender Registry, is not eligible to stay at Ronald McDonald House.
- Each guest room has private bath, mini fridge, and streaming DVD player. Linens and toiletries provided. 24-hour onsite laundry at no charge.
- 24-hour food pantry with evening meal served every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Family games and activities (bingo night, movie night) throughout the year.
- Free passes to area swimming pools and family-friendly activities.
- Parking: Free parking ramp pass with a $20 deposit, refunded at check out. This pass allows parking at both Ronald McDonald House and parking ramps at the hospital. One pass per family, as available. Additional vehicle free long-term parking is available ¼- mile from Ronald McDonald House
- Free shuttle service to hospital: 7:45 a.m., 9:45 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 1:45 p.m., 5:45 p.m., and 8:45 p.m.
- Free wireless internet
- Children under age 18 must be supervised at all times. Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) parents under the age of 18 must check in with their parent/guardian.
- For more information, visit rmhc-eiwi.org.
The Russell and Ann Gerdin American Cancer Society Hope Lodge, provides 28 rooms for cancer patients and their caregivers, offering free, non-medical lodging, and convenient access to the UI Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center. Any person age 18 and older who has been diagnosed with cancer and is actively receiving outpatient cancer treatment in Iowa City, is eligible to stay at the Hope Lodge on a first come, first served basis. Call 1-319-248-5400.