Your care team has just enrolled you in a care plan to help you manage your health. You can follow this care plan using MyChart Care Companion, an interactive, personalized plan of care delivered through the MyChart website and mobile app.
You will get timely notifications for things such as:
Choose how and when to receive notifications.
If you do not have the MyChart mobile app on your mobile device, you must download it before using MyChart Care Companion features. Go to the Apple App store or Google Play Store and search for MyChart.
Using MyChart Care Companion
- Open MyChart and select the To Do icon on the home screen. The To Do activity shows you a list of tasks that are due today.
- Complete your assigned tasks. How you do this depends on the type of task:
- Medication tasks
- Select the green checkmark or the red X to mark whether you've taken individual medications. If you've taken all of your medications for the day, you can select Mark (#) Taken at the bottom of the screen to save time.
- Education tasks
- Select the task to review the educational materials, which might include a text handout or a video to watch. Use the I understand the content or I have a question about the content buttons to express your understanding of the material. Select I have a question about the content to send any questions you have to a member of your care team.
- Select the task to open the questionaire. Answer all of the questions and select Submit when you're done.
- Health-tracking tasks
- Select the task to go to the Track My Health activity and select Add Reading to enter health-tracking information, such as your weight or blood pressure reading. If you connect your MyChart account to another app such as Withings, Fitbit, Apple Health, these readings might be recorded for your automatically.
- General tasks
- After you finish a genral task, such as exercising for 30 minutes, mark it complete by selecting the green checkmark. If you did not complete a task, select the red X.
You can view progress towards your task completion by tapping the Progress tab at the bottom of the To Do activity.
From here, you can view the number of tasks you finished out of the number assigned for each task type and an overall percentage of tasks you have done.
Use the buttons at the top to view data for the last 7 days, 30 days, or 90 days at a time.
In some cases, your care plan might change based on things such as readings you record through a health-tracking task or answers to a symptom check-in questionnaire. When this happens, you will be told of the changes, and you can view them by choosing the Changes tab at the bottom of the To Do activity.
You can make your own tasks in MyChart Care Companion if you want to get reminders for other tasks that are not
part of your care plan.
These tasks can be taking a daily allergy medicine that is not on your medicine list or doing a daily meditation.
How to make your own tasks:
- Open the To Do activity, choose Options at the top of the screen, and select Create Task.
- Enter a name and description for the task. Then, enter the time at which you want to get the task reminder and how often the task should repeat.
- Select Submit