Our patients receive all their meals and snacks through the A la Carte Room Service for Patients program. Patients can choose your meals and snacks from the appropriate menu ordered by your physician.
How to Order
Our inpatient menus are available in PDF form. We have a number of menus available in different languages.
From your room telephone to place your order, and within 45 minutes, your meal will be delivered to your bedside.
Need help deciding?
If you need assistance, please tell your nurse, and a representative from the Department of Food and Nutrition Services will help.
Calling on behalf of a patient?
To call from outside the hospital and place an order for a patient in the hospital, dial 1-319-356-2714.
About the A la Carte Room Service for Patients Program
- Patients may order food anytime from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week.
- The cost of A la Carte is included with your room charge
- A la Carte services are limited to patients only
- Each patient receives a personal diet plan ordered by the doctor.
- If you are physically unable to place a telephone order, please tell your nurse and a staff member will assist you
- If you have any questions, call the “1-2-3” number for assistance