Plan for Construction Delays
Please be aware that, due to construction, you may experience traffic delays at your upcoming visit to UI Hospitals and Clinics and UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital. Please plan extra time for arrival and parking.
Dubuque Street Construction Delay
The Gateway Project has reduced traffic on Dubuque Street to a single lane in each direction. This project will soon have even greater impact: starting July 25, both lanes of Dubuque Street near Mayflower Hall will be stopped entirely, for 15 minutes at a time, for ongoing utility work. The stoppages will happen two to four times a day, at random times, for a minimum of three to four weeks.
This will significantly impact traffic from Interstate 80 to UI Hospitals and Clinics, especially in emergency situations. Please inform all patients, and even your friends and neighbors, that taking the 1st Avenue exit in Coralville will be a better choice during this time. Dodge Street is also an option, though it may be more confusing to patients not familiar with Iowa City.
For more information about the Gateway Project, please visit www.icgov.org/project/iowa-city-gateway-project
In House Directions
- See a more detailed interior map.
- If you need assistance locating a service or clinic, you may want to use our A-Z directory.
- Please note: our elevators are in alphabetical order running from north to south starting with elevator A in General Hospital through elevator M in the Pomerantz Family Pavilion.
Ramp Parking and Rates
We provide convenient parking for patients and visitors in three ramps surrounding UI Hospitals and Clinics and UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital. The ramps are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and parking can be paid by cash, check, MasterCard, Discover, or Visa.
- All of our ramps have several handicapped accessible parking spaces and all are served by elevators.
- Ramp 1 is located close to services in Boyd Tower and General Hospital. If your appointment letter mentions taking Elevator A, B, or C, consider parking in Ramp 1. It is located a short walk from our Fountain entrance. It is also convenient for visits to our Center for Disabilities and Development.
- Ramp 2
- Ramp 3
- Due to construction in the North end of Kinnick Stadium starting April 3, 2017, the south entrance to Ramp 3 will be closed. The ramp can still be accessed from the east entrance off Hawkins Drive.
- Ramp 4 is located closest to the Pomerantz Family Pavilion, which includes the Family Medicine Clinic, the Ambulatory Surgery Center, and the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center. It is connected by a skyway to the building on Level 2. You will be closest to Elevators L and M.
Parking Ramp Rates
- Up to 30 minutes: Free
- 31 minutes to an hour: $0.60
- Each additional hour: $1.20
- Maximum daily rate and/or lost ticket rate: $10 (with Reduced-Fee Pass) or $20 (without Reduced-Fee Pass)
Reduced-Fee Parking Rates
To receive the lowest parking rates, all patients and visitors should ask for a reduced-fee parking pass from the clinic or nursing unit. Give this pass, along with your parking ramp ticket, to the cashier when you exit and pay.
These permits can be purchased at the Information Desk in the Main Lobby, at the Pomerantz Information Desk, Level One, or in the Parking and Transportation Office in the West Campus Transportation Center, connected to Ramp 3. With this permit, you can park in the ramps for three or seven consecutive days and come and go from a ramp as many times as needed.
- 3-day parking pass: $27 (with validation of a clinic visit or hospital stay)
- 7-day parking pass: $58 (with validation of a clinic visit or hospital stay)
- Lot 43 (behind Kinnick Stadium): FREE on weekends and holidays, and daily between 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 a.m. - unless closed for a special event.
- Hawkeye Commuter Parking Lot: FREE (Validation of a clinic appointment or hospital stay/visit is required to obtain the permit.) Permits can be picked up at the Parking Services Office in the West Campus Transportation Center, connected to Ramp 3, or at the Main Information Desk in the hospital.
- Location of Hawkeye Commuter Lot (approximately 2 miles from the hospital)
- Cambus routes that serve the lot (FREE service)
- FREE parking for pediatric patients (effective July 1, 2014): Free parking is available for families of pediatric patients (age 18 or younger) who are hospitalized in a pediatric inpatient unit or receiving infusion therapy or dialysis treatments. One parking pass will be provided to each qualifying family per calendar day. This will allow for one free exit per calendar day. For more information, please read these frequently asked questions.
Valet parking services are offered at two locations.
- The Main Entrance valet parking service is most convenient for hospital and clinic visits in Boyd Tower, General Hospital, as well as the Roy Carver and John Colloton Pavilions (Elevators A through H). Hours for valet service at the Main Entrance are 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The Pomerantz Family Pavilion (PFP) valet parking service is most convenient for hospital and clinic visits in the John Pappajohn and Pomerantz Family Pavilions (Elevators I through M). Hours for the PFP valet service are 5:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Valet parking is $12 (flat fee) and can be paid by cash, check, MasterCard, or Visa.
Questions about parking?
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
- UI Parking and Transportation Services: 319-335-1475
- UI Health Care Concierge Services: 319-356-1900
After 5 p.m. and on weekends:
- UI Parking and Transportation Services: 319-335-8312