- Services and charges
- Get information on charges for basic hospital and clinic services.
- Billing for hospital-based clinics
- Because clinic visits to UI Hospitals and Clinics are billed as "hospital-based," it may result in a higher out-of-pocket cost for you. Find out more here.
- Medicare Coverage
- Medicare provides coverage for people who qualify.
- Insurance Coverage
- Coverage varies widely among insurance carriers and within plans that they offer. Your financial responsibility will vary depending on the type of service, type of professional providing the service, and your health insurance plan.
- Financial Counseling Services
- If your insurance plan is not accepted at UI Health Care, or if you do not have insurance (“a self-pay patient”), a financial counselor will meet with you prior to scheduling your appointment.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Billing and Glossary of Insurance Terms
- Find answers to your questions about billing.
- Medical Record Requests
- You have a right to review, on request, a copy of your medical record and/or receive a copy of your medical record for reasonable copying charges.
- Patient Rights and Advocacy
- Information about your health and care is protected by a body of federal regulations referred to as HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).